Makes 9 Large or 12 Smaller Brownies
130g salted butter, cubed
170g dark chocolate, chopped
34g unsweetened cocoa powder
230g white sugar
4g vanilla extract
16ogflour (or glutenfreeflour)
105g walnuts, coarsely chopped
400g Barker's Professional Hazelnut Chocolate Caramel Spread
1. Line a 20-centimetre baking pan with baking paper or aluminium foil, ensuring it ovehangs the sides. Place a second piece in the opposite direction. Grease the bottom and sides with non-stick cooking spray.2. Melt the butter over a double boiler. Reduce the heat to a simmer, add the chocolate and stir until completely melted and smooth. Remove from the heat and whisk in the cocoa powder. Set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
3. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addtion. Beat in the sugar and vanilla, then the flour - do not over-mix. Fold in the nuts.
4. Scrape half the batter into the prepared pan. Add heaped spoonfuls of the Barker's Professional Hazelnut Chocolate Caramel Spread evenly spaced over, then gently swirl together with a knife. Add remaining brownie batter then add remaining spread on top. Gently swirl through with knife.
5. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes at 175°C. Check at 30 minutes.
6. Remove from the oven and cool completely on a wire rack.
Recipe and photo supplied by Lip Smacking Food/ @lipsmackingfood