Smoothies continue to be a popular beverage item as an on-the-go breakfast, nutritious snack or thirst quencher.
Smoothies are a growing category
Smoothies are a growing category with fruit based smoothies at 3.6% growth* and dairy based smoothies 7.6% growth*
*Datamonitor:Asia Pacific Growth Rate $value % CAGR (2013-2018)
Having smoothies on the menu gives you an opportunity to broaden your food offering!
The smoothie market in New Zealand is in rapid growth:
- Smoothies can be a ‘round the clock’ beverage offering – smoothies can be used as a snack!
- Smoothies can be used as a breakfast alternative – a ‘quick, effective, on-the-go’ dairy food solution
- Smoothies offer a high margin sales opportunity; fast, efficient, tasty and profitable
- Add more or less milk, juice, water, ice or yoghurt to your smoothie or frappe, according to your own taste and preference
- Any of the drinks can be frozen to be eaten as a delicious frozen ice
- Try adding some of the extra ingredients below to give your smoothie an even greater health boost: grains (rolled oats), kale, wheatgrass, whey protein, honey, cayenne or turmeric
Barker’s Professional offers a variety of fruit and vegetable smoothie bases, including carrot, orange & ginger; mango; and beetroot, pear & blackcurrant – view the full range.
- Fruit base smoothies – recommend 30ml with 200ml milk/equivalent.
- Vegetable base smoothies – recommend 60ml with 200ml water/milk/equivalent.
- If a stronger flavour is preferred please add more smoothie base.
* Please note that these are only a guide – please increase or decrease the smoothie base to achieve your desired flavour profile.